background

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Another Gift For Baby Olive


The thing about crocheting for a baby is that the projects are so quick and cute. I decided to make Baby Olive a hat to go along with her booties; figuring that she'd get more use out of a hat in the fall. I found this shell-stitch beanie for free online and thought it'd be a good hat for early fall. I made it in the 3-6 month size and it fits Parker perfectly now at almost 5 months. I like the pattern so much that I'm planning to make one for Parker. The best part of the whole thing is that I was able to crochet the hat while the girls napped, in less than 2 hours. I added the double flower for an easy embellishment. The center button is something I hadn't done before, but I really like the added touch it gives. It may be a new trademark for me, especially if I can find some cute, unique buttons. So, this pink one is for Baby Olive, and I'll make another one for Parker and add more photos of that later.


1 comment:

  1. She is a piece of pumpkin pie with those cheeks. I am sure the people would love to see some of those crocheted hats here in Gresham. Especially if they were chrocheted out of some fabulous handspun yarn or organic cotton.

    ReplyDelete