background

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Teething Shapes


Parker recently discovered some old crocheted fish of Brynn's. She really went to town chewing on them, so I figure the texture of the yarn and stitches must feel good on her gums. With that in mind, I decided to make her some teething shapes out of cotton. I created two of each shape in different variegated yarn colors then connected them together with a single crochet stitch all around. This way the shapes stay rigid without rolling on the edges and give her some more bulk for chewing. I plan to try wetting the shapes and putting them in the freezer for an extra good chew. The other aspect that will be nice about these cotton teething shapes is that I can just throw them in the laundry with everything else, instead of having to hand clean them. Hopefully Parker will like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment